When I try to download the EurekaSpot Toolbar, I receive a message saying "...your current security settings prohibit running..."
This can occour with IE 5 or 6, when the security settings are set too high to install the EurekaSpot toolbar. To install theEurekaSpot Toolbar, do the following:
- Open the "Tools" menu and select "Internet Options."
- Click on the "Security" tab and choose "Medium security."
- Click the "OK" button.
- Go to http://www.eurekaspot.com/toolbar and click on the Download button
Once you have installed EurekaSpot Toolbar you can go back to the Internet Options dialog and set your security level back to High if you wish.
If your browser is already set to "Medium Security" or lower and you still receive this message, please let us know, so we can resolve the problem.
I installed, but I don't see the toolbar/the toolbar is blank.
There are many reasons your toolbar may not be visible. Here are some of the most common problems and resolutions.
In your IE menu bar, open the "View" menu, and select "Toolbars."
There should be a checkmark next to "EurekaSpot Toolbar" - if there is no checkmark, the toolbar will not appear. If it is checked, IE may be confused - try unchecking it and rechecking it.
Some forms of adware and spyware install toolbars in Internet Explorer that will hide or disable other toolbars, including the EurekaSpot Toolbar. To remove other toolbars in IE do the following:
- Click on View - Toolbars
- Ignore "Standard Bar", "Address Bar", "Links", but make sure every other item listed above the separator has a checkmark next to it. If it does not have a checkmark, select it, so that it will appear in your browser.
- Uninstall any additional toolbars in your browser that you do not use.
Due to the wide variety of toolbars it is impossible to provide instructions for removing them all. The most common methods are to use a menu item in the toolbar titled "Uninstall" or "Remove", or to use "Add/Remove Programs" from the Control Panel to remove the toolbar by finding the toolbar name listed in "View > Toolbars" menu
Corrupt Toolbar Installation
If you are still having problems, your the EurekaSpot Toolbar installation may have been corrupted. To ensure you have a clean install, do the following:
- In your IE menu bar, open the "View" menu, select Toolbars, and make sure EurekaSpot toolbar is unchecked.
- Go to the Windows Start Button > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the EurekaSpot toolbar.
- Restart your computer
- Re-install by going to http://www.eurekaspot.com/toolbar
How do I uninstall the EurekaSpot Toolbar?
Uninstall the TestMart Toolbar by clicking on the arrow next to the EurekaSpot logo, going to down to “Help”, then clicking "Uninstall".